Stage 11-13: Re-Do and Leaks

With all of the rain Central Texas has been getting, it really has allowed us to get some realistic ideas on if we did a good job with our caulking & foam. Leaks, Leaks, Everywhere!! Ok, they are not as bad as they once were. Since re-sealing the windows, roof, and sides; the leaks have been minimal…but still…I am ready to build. But, first things first…Where oh where could they be coming from…

Not what I wanted to see..LEAK 1

Not what I wanted to see..LEAK 1

UGH! LEAK #2

UGH! LEAK #2

Last One..Leak #3

Last One..Leak #3

Time to inspect. They were only on the passenger side of the bus, and it felt wet in the corners of the windows. There were wet spots on the ceiling on the left side only….

Some of the leaks are coming from the corners where the Great Stuff is.

Some of the leaks are coming from the corners where the Great Stuff is.

From the outside, I squished a piece of the Great Stuff and water came out like a sponge! It is definitely not fixing the leak problem..

From the outside, I squished a piece of the Great Stuff and water came out like a sponge! It is definitely not fixing the leak problem..

Lesson #24 in Bus Renovations…Don’t use great stuff on the outside of the windows. Solution? Darn tootin.

Apparently, it was absorbing water amd making its way through our newly sealed windows…I THINK NOT! We scraped the foam off on the outside only, and used the 2 in 1 Premium Polyurethane (used on the windows) to really gob up the corners.

Def learned we are not professional caulkers ;)

Def learned we are not professional caulkers 😉 But, I don’t see any holes!

I do think that this will prevent any more rain or water from entering.

I do think that this will prevent any more rain or water from entering.

Next after fixing the windows, I needed to make sure the roof was leak proof. Completely leak proof. Or at least as close as I could get with my experience 🙂 The only thing I had not sealed yet was every single bolt and screw. I did the seams and a few of the bolts that looked “rough”. So, I headed back up to the roof and finished the job!

Using Premium Polyurethane (same as on floors) to cover each and every bolt/screw on this god forsaken roof!!

Using Premium Polyurethane (same as on floors) to cover each and every bolt/screw on this god forsaken roof!!

Using the last of the 2 In 1 Premium on the side roof bolts after running out of my other polyurethane.

Using the last of the 2 In 1 Premium on the side roof bolts after running out of my other polyurethane.

Ok. Final Drum Roll Please……..

I think this did it. Fingers crossed this did it. I really really hope this did it. LOL. Whatever, live and learn! I will keep everyone posted on if this fixed it! Since we are supposed to have great weather next week I think I will use the hose to find my leaks…ready to tackle and end this beast.

At the end of the month (June 2015) we should be heading to get the electrical stubbed out, and then we will begin building…I hope!!

More Coming Soon….

or

Head over to “the why” at

Editing Our Life Series

Advertisements

One thought on “Stage 11-13: Re-Do and Leaks

  1. Pingback:  Last Seal Job *fingers crossed* | The Crabs' Homestead

Leave us a message!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s