My two veteran dogs were sprayed in the face by a skunk today! A friend of mine sent me this recipe she used on her dog and it worked so well! This can be used on humans too!
1. Wipe the affected area with paper towels. Don’t use a rag because you will have to throw it away. The spray is oily so wiping it off as fast as possible will help tremendously.
2. Get a big bucket (5 gallons is good)
3. Mix together:
1 Gallon Water
1 Cup Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Dawn Dishsoap
1 Quart Hydrogen Peroxide
(You can half or quarter this recipe as I had a lot left over!)
4. If sprayed on the face, use VASELINE on their eyes so the mixture does not get in their eyes.
5. Take a sponge and wipe down the area with this mixture and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
6. REPEAT as many times necessary until the smell is gone.
7. Give them a bath!
It took 7 times for me to get all the smell off! Good luck and I hope this works for you! Stay Skunk Smell Free with this DIY Recipe! (oh yeah.. I just busted that rhyme! lol)